Highbush blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum L.), often called blueberries - a species of perennial plant of the heath family (Ericaceae).
- Sort Cut shrub grow up to 2,5 m in height.
- Stems The stems strongly branching. Flower buds are formed in the upper parts of both spurs and long shoots.
- florescence It blooms from April to May, the flowers are pollinated by bees. Sepals are persistent, fused with ovary.
- Fruits Fruits ripen from mid-July to September. They are much bigger than Bilberry fruit, similar in taste, but devoid of messing juice.
- Root In addition to the main roots it has a very well developed system of fine roots, which in its initial growth phase play the role of root hairs (with ericaceous plants generally lack root hairs).
- Kitchen The fruits are tasty and have great nutritional value. They are rich in sugars, mineral acids, mineral salts, pectin, vitamins. They are suitable to be eaten raw as a fruit dessert, as well as preserves.
- Requirements Soil requires very acidic, with a pH of 4-5, and even 3.5-4 (Determined by KCl). Soil should be humus and optimized content on caries is 3.5% or more. Best of peat soils are acidic. On light soils,irrigation is necessary . The plant can withstand temperatures down to -25 ° C.
- Substrate preparation and planting In amateur cultivation conditions under each seedling there should be a selected Bottom depth approx. 60 cm - 50 cm wide and should be filled with a mixture of soil, bark of acidic peat. For Plantations deep lines should be made and filled with a mixture of soil with sawdust and bark. Seedlings are planted at a spacing 3-3,5m x0,80 cm.
- Care After planting cut stems to a height of several mesh above the ground. The soil in rows must be weeded out . It is rcommended to mulch rows of sawdust or bark. This reduces the evaporation of water, enriches the soil with humus (after some time, when the bark and sawdust rot) and it increases its acidity. For the first few years after planting remove only frozen and withered shoots. After 3-4 years, we should also remove the oldest very fine twigs and shorten the shoots very high. After 7-8 years, we should make a stronger cut, if not cut plants have a tendency to alternate abundant fruiting every 2 years.
- The earliest variant form, the fruit ripens at the end of June fertility from the bush up to 8 kg hardiness -27C
- growth moderate to 1.6 meters.
- Fruits medium-sized, sweet slightly sour.
- Early variant form,, fruits ripen approx. July 10 fertility from the bush to 5 kg hardiness -35C
- Shrubs reach 1.2-1.8 m tall, and stiff sprouts.
- Fruits medium-sized light blue, gathered in loose clusters.
- Early variant form,, fruits ripen from mid-July yields regularly, fertility from the bush to 5kg hardiness -34C
- Shrubs reach a height of 1.3-1.8 meters have an upright habit
- Fruit of medium size, with good taste especially after cooling the skin of the fruit is smooth and strong characteristically crunchy.
- Mid-early variant form,, fruits ripen after July 20 fertility from the bush to 6kg hardiness -29C
- Large shrubs with a height of 1.5-2.1 meters, cut loose built strong and stiff sprouts.
- Berries large, light blue, the biggest during the first two sets. Excellent taste of fruit. They are suitable for mechanical harvesting.
- Fruit ripens on July 20 fertility from the bush to 8kg hardiness -38C
- Shrubs 1.2-1.8 m tall, upright habit.br> - Berries very large, flattened, very tasty strong. fruits aromatic
- Fruits ripen in the first half of August fertility from the bush to 5kg hardiness -34C
- Shrub vital height of 2 m.
- Bberries blue, large, smooth, with a small stem scar.
- Variety with average ripening the fruit ripens early August fertility from the bush to 9kg hardiness -34C
- Shrubs grow up to 1,6-2 meters high
- The fruit is large very good quality, suitable for manual and mechanical harvesting
- Variety with average ripening the fruit ripens approx. 10 Aug. fertility from the bush to 7kg hardiness -34C
- Strongly growing shrubs have stiff stems upright habit well branched reaching a height of 1.5 m.
- Fruits exceptionally large and tasty, their usually over 2 cm and a weight of 2 g. This often gives the fruit a diameter greater than 2.5 cm.
- Medium late variant form, fertility from the bush to 6kg hardiness -34C
- Shrub reaches a height of up to 1.5 m loose.
- Variety with very juicy fruit, up to 3 cm in diameter, tasty.
- Medium late variant form, fertility from the bush to 5kg hardiness -24C
- Shrubs quickly ascending. The height of shrubs reaches 1.8 m.
- Fruits very tasty, large, light, smooth, hard and crunchy. Perfect for long keeping in lowered temperature. Very good when stored in the cold.
- Medium late variant form, ripens in August after Bluecrop fertility from the bush to 6kg hardiness -34
- Creates thickening shrubs 1.3-1.6 m tall upright habit.
- Fruit is large, aromatic and very tasty
- Fruit ripens end of August and early September fertility from the bush to 5kg hardiness -29C
- Shrubs with a height of 1.5-2.1 m raise habit slightly parted.
- Tasty fruit , the variety is a typical dessert.
- Bears fruit in the second half of July fertility from the bush to 5kg hardiness -34C
- Variety creates large shrubs, reaching up to 2.1 m tall, raised, not so dense. Shrubs grow quickly and can be easily guided.
- Fruit spherical, medium sized, light blue, smooth, flavorful.
- Bears fruit in late July fertility from the bush to 6kg hardiness -28C
- Shrubs grow strongly and have a wide habit. It grows up to approx. 2 m height.
- Fruits large or very large, flat, tasty, flavorful, covered with a light blue coating.
- Matures in the first half of August fertility from the bush to 5kg hardiness -34C
- Low shrubs to 1.2 m tall, with a large number of sprigs
- Fruit of medium size, very balanced
- Matures from September to mid-October fertility from the bush to 5kg hardiness -24C
- Plants grow strongly up to 2 m.
- Fruit is medium-sized. Just as fruit cultivar 'Ruble' they contain extremely high in antioxidants.
ul. Wiosenna 11
tel: 662 113 392